The child support office module is responsible for the uploading of data and documents into the system. The data and documents uploaded become the filing to the court after a series of operations executed by the user through the interfaces provided by the system. The documents can be a package of documents that constitutes an initial filing to the court or additional documents to a case already in the courts case management system. Basically, the main operations a child support office user can do are:
upload documents, sign documents (if the user is the office attorney) , send documents, create cases in the system, search cases, update cases, etc.
Note that a case in the context of the efiling system is a placeholder for the information about the participants in a $tars case ($tars is the case management system of DCSS). A case in the system becomes the vehicle for the transmission of the data and/or documents.
Also note that filing could mean a file or document, a number of documents or files taken as a whole (package) or the act of filing into a court.
To create a case in the system:
- The information about the case is assumed to be already in $tars.
- The legal preparer interacts with $tars to create a data file and the apropriate document package.Data file is a text file containing the information about the participants in the $tars case.
- The legal preparer accesses the efiling system on the web and uploads the data file and the packages
- The legal preparer makes sure the information is accurate
- The legal preparer “sends” the case with the docuemnts to the attorney.
- The attorney “works” on the case on the system by accessing the system on the web.
- The attorney “sends” the case to court
The diagram below describes in totality the use of the Child Support GAJE system by the child support office.